Accelerate Montana is looking for proven, self-motivated leaders to serve as the Outreach & Recruitment Coordinators in the central and eastern regions of the state for the Accelerate Montana Rapid Training Program. This two-year program, funded by the state of Montana, is intended to help Montanans access short term training programs that provide them with the skills needed to fill the significant workforce vacancies and skill gaps that employers are experiencing across the state.
The Rapid Training Outreach & Recruitment Coordinators will be located across all of the regions of Montana and work as a team and in close collaboration with other Accelerate Montana Rapid Training program professionals. Position responsibilities will include the following:
- Building and maintaining relationships with workforce stakeholders within their defined geographic and/or sectoral areas of focus: employers and employer groups; trade or industry associations; secondary and post-secondary institutions, tribal colleges; Chambers of Commerce; economic development organizations; and Job Service.
- Gather employer training needs and work with education and training partners and team to identify available training programs.
- Work with stakeholders and AccelerateMT marketing team to create awareness of training and employment opportunities to drive training course applicants.
- Work with colleagues to schedule training programs in response to employer hiring needs and applicant interest.
- Work in coordination with team to support potential trainees through program selection, application, enrollment, participation and also with employer applications, interviews, and placement.
- Monitoring and tracking the success of training and employment outcomes.
The balance of time across these duties may vary across location and over time in response to the capabilities and capacity of training partners, the relative demands of employers and the level of trainee interest and applications. Applicants should be comfortable with unpredictable and regularly changing work patterns.
Desirable qualifications for a successful candidate would include many of the following:
- Experience in workforce development, training, or economic development.
- Demonstrated relationship management qualities and effective interpersonal and written communication skills that show an ability to influence and engage with diverse community leaders, organizations, and stakeholders.
- Approachable and likable. Inspire trust in others and their willingness to partner on program goals.
- Able to prioritize tasks and complete multiple tasks in a timely manner.
- The ability to work independently with minimal or no supervision and be self-motivated in working towards the larger organizational goals.
- Must be a strategic and creative thinker, with excellent problem-solving skills and prompt decision making capabilities.
- A positive and easy-going attitude, strong work ethic and integrity, and demonstrate calmness and composure in times of uncertainty.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and comfortable learning and working with a statewide virtual team and using online collaboration and communication tools.
- Position Title: Rapid Training Outreach & Recruitment Coordinator
- Work Schedule: Full-Time (35-40 hours per week). Flexibility to work from home and in person in Montana. Accelerate Montana is headquartered in Missoula, but we are a statewide team.
- Compensation: $50,000-$70,000 (DOE)
- Benefits: Health and Welfare stipend and small cell phone plan stipend (retirement and medical plans are under research currently with the intention of replacing the health and welfare stipend).
- Paid Leave: Federal holiday or alternative days, sick leave, and annual leave after 6-month probationary period.
- Overnight regional travel would be required for this position.
To ensure consideration, please submit your application by June 10, 2022. Your cover letter should indicate what region of central or eastern Montana you would like to serve.