Accelerate Montana, in partnership with University of Montana’s Women’s Entrepreneurship & Leadership Lab (WELL), is hiring a full-time Women’s Business Center Program Director. The Women’s Business Center (WBC) is funded in part by the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) and the Office of Women’s Business Ownership (OWBO).
The WBC Program Director will provide business counseling, create online classes and trainings, and host events for current and aspiring women business owners. The WBC Program Director will oversee operations of the decentralized center and supervise WBC staff including two, full-time business advisors, AmeriCorps VISTAs, and administrative support. The WBC is headquartered in Missoula, but our reach is statewide, therefore the WBC Director may be based and work remotely from anywhere in Montana. The WBC Program Director will also manage data collection and required grant reporting.
Considerable knowledge of business financing practices and procedures including: preparation and presentation of sound business plans, financial analysis, use of financial information to analyze business performance and to make recommendations for necessary actions, establishment and maintenance of business accounting systems, analysis of financing options for business start-ups or expansions, and preparation of business financing packages.
WBC Director Duties and Responsibilities:
- Dedicate between 25-50% of time to direct counseling and training activities.
- Supervise and lead additional staff, including remote workers.
- Assist with managing the WBC Committee of the WELL Advisory Board.
- Manage all federal grant reporting requirements and collect all required data.
- Manage a client data management plan for all WBC staff using NEOSERRA CRM software.
- Manage partnerships and relationships with service providers and stakeholders to strengthen opportunities for women in business.
- Assess needs of the diverse communities the WBC will serve and design plans to meet the diverse needs of said communities.
- Working with the WBC business coaches and trainers, create classes, trainings, and events to drive results (unique clients served, new businesses started, cash infusions).
- Have firm knowledge in accounting and finance to support financial modeling for clients.
- Work with the local media and grant partners to promote favorable publicity and recognition for the WBC.
- Disclose any and all private business relationships that may conflict with the WBC, host organization, or community services.
- Take implicit bias training, identify and implement best practices into coaching for women, and share best practices/key findings for the larger team to implement.
- Communicate with rural, indigenous, and underserved populations and advocates for those populations.
- Work with the Montana SBA District Office representative (DOTR) to foster compliance and involvement on projects.
Minimum Required Experience:
- At least five years of directly-related experience in lending, public accounting, business consulting, business management, or economic development.
- Employment history demonstrating knowledge and ability to 1) direct, manage, and market a client-based program, 2) apply business management principles and techniques, 3) design small business education programs, 4) identify issues within a small business and propose resolutions, 5) develop outreach assistance programs, 6) leverage outside public and private sector resources, 7) measure and evaluate impact of program delivery 8) lead and manage a team.
- MBA from an accredited institution in a business-related field is preferred.
- Experience selling a product/service and/or launching and running a small business even as a side hustle.
- Passion for gender equity, closing the wage gap, and supporting diverse kinds of women to gain financial independence.
Position Title: Women’s Business Center Program Director
Work Schedule: Full-time, (40 hours per week)
Salary Range: $50,000-$70,000 annually
Benefits: Health insurance, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability, and life. Retirement plan with 6% match after 60 days. Cell phone/Internet stipend. Paid Leave: 11 Federal holiday or alternative days, 10 days sick leave, and 4 weeks vacation.
To ensure consideration, please submit your resume and cover letter by September 23, 2022.